News & Events
- Top five reasons to have a family holiday in Scotland
- Dog friendly holiday in Perthshire
- Valentine’s Day at Taymouth Marina
- Why 2018 is the year you should book a holiday to Perthshire, Scotland
- Taymouth Marina: 2017, a year in review
- The ultimate Christmas guide to making the most of your stay at Taymouth Marina
- Perthshire: A photographer's dream
- The big winter sale: Book your stay now!
- The ultimate sauna experience in Scotland? Try Taymouth Marina
- Why a self-catering break in Kenmore is perfect for friends and family
- Stunning Loch Tay development with exceptional views comes on to the market
- Now is the time to invest in property at Taymouth Marina
- Top five things to do in Perthshire
- A walkthrough Taymouth Marina and the HotBox
- Perthshire's best bike trails
- Loch Tay watersports season is open at Taymouth Marina!
- Why now is the perfect time to buy a holiday home at Taymouth Marina
- Why self-catering breaks are perfect for families
- Stay at Taymouth Marina in March and get a FREE night or FREE upgrade
- Five reasons to visit Perthshire in Spring
- How to have the perfect Valentine’s getaway
- Taymouth Marina - Homes for sale
- Taymouth Marina – Activities Package
- The Hot Box – Lochside Sauna
- Aberfeldy Farmers Market
- Berthing at Taymouth Marina
- Looking For Inspiration?
Top five reasons to have a family holiday in Scotland
Scotland is the ideal holiday location for everyone to enjoy. Unrivalled landscapes and rugged mountains and lochs illustrate Scotland to the world as a holiday-makers dream. The country’s culture, scenery and local history make it the best place in the world to have a family holiday.
We believe that having a family holiday in Scotland should be top of your 2018 retreat list and here’s why…
The great outdoors
Scotland, undoubtedly, has some of the most beautiful scenery in the world and you’d be hard pressed to find better views than those on offer in the Highlands and Perthshire.
Whether you’re climbing a mountain in the Scottish countryside or skimming stones down by a local river, these are the experiences that children and parents alike remember. It’s one of the best feelings ever and should be cherished.
We’re lucky down at Taymouth Marina as we have the beautiful Loch Tay to look out over. Failing that, Ben Lawers is nearby if you fancy stretching your legs, or we have an abundance of cycling routes you can also enjoy.
This is one for the children to really enjoy and for the parents that want to better their counterparts. Scotland is rife with culture and history and a family holiday could also prove educational and interesting.
There are various castles and cathedrals situated across the landscapes; Scotland is a land steeped in history. All the castles and ruins are also open to the public.
Failing that, we have the Crannog Centre on our very doorstep. The unique loch dwelling shows us what life was like 2,500 years ago! Wow!
Rest and relaxation
Take a load of and escape the stresses of city life by retreating to the Scottish countryside this year. Other holiday destinations can become packed and overcrowded during the summer months, but the Scottish countryside is peaceful and allows you to get that much needed rest and relaxation.
Family holidays can become expensive if you’re looking to fly abroad to a resort or fall victim to the self-confessed ‘’tourist traps’’. Well, have you ever considered a self-catering holiday? Self-catering breaks are handy if you plan on having a quiet and peaceful break away from normal suburban life, but still want some home comforts easily on hand.
And last, but not by any stretch of the imagination least, the top reasons to have a family holiday in Scotland this year is to visit us here at Taymouth Marina!
We offer unrivalled views of Loch Tay at Kenmore with luxury self-catering accommodation and The HotBox – Scotland’s first Lochside sauna.
Our fans will also know that we offer a variety of watersports and kayaking. Winter is coming to an end and the watersports season is due to open up again. If the weather plays nice we hope to be up and running in April.
Oh, and we have a little surprise this year joining you on the water. We can’t reveal too much right now, but stay peeled to our social media channels…