News & Events
- Why a self-catering break in Kenmore is perfect for friends and family
- Stunning Loch Tay development with exceptional views comes on to the market
- Now is the time to invest in property at Taymouth Marina
- Top five things to do in Perthshire
- A walkthrough Taymouth Marina and the HotBox
- Perthshire's best bike trails
- Loch Tay watersports season is open at Taymouth Marina!
- Why now is the perfect time to buy a holiday home at Taymouth Marina
- Why self-catering breaks are perfect for families
- Stay at Taymouth Marina in March and get a FREE night or FREE upgrade
- Five reasons to visit Perthshire in Spring
- How to have the perfect Valentine’s getaway
- Taymouth Marina - Homes for sale
- Taymouth Marina – Activities Package
- The Hot Box – Lochside Sauna
- Aberfeldy Farmers Market
- Berthing at Taymouth Marina
- Looking For Inspiration?
Have you ever been on a self-catering break in Kenmore before? If not, why not?
It’s no secret that Perthshire is indeed a truly magnificent area of Scotland to visit. More so if you have managed to escape the sometimes-demanding grasp of everyday work life to have a relaxing time away with family and friends.
If the thought of a self-catering break is new to you, let us explain: The term self-catering generally means you bring your own food and, in turn, we supply the cookers, kettles and microwaves etc. Thankfully, you don’t need to worry about bringing your Bunsen burner and lighter fluid along to try and boil that pot of pasta over an open flame. Although, we are also partial to the odd hiking adventure, self-catering breaks in Kenmore can be fun, effortless and enjoyable for both family and friends alike.
Self-catering breaks are handy if you plan on having a quiet and peaceful break away from normal suburban life, but still want some of the same home comforts easily on hand. Our properties boast comfortable beds, hot tubs, showering facilities and we are even pet-friendly.
Self-catering in Kenmore
So, you’re interested in a self-catering break; but why would you choose Kenmore? Well, in fact, the answer’s simple, really.
Kenmore is a small village in Perthshire and chances are you will have to travel through it to reach us here at Taymouth Marina.
Kenmore is at the northern end of the 14-mile long Loch Tay, just before it drains into the River Tay.
The 16th century village boasts several small independent businesses where you can stock up on extra self-catering supplies. Alternatively, you can just make sure you pack enough before travelling up to see us!
The main attraction in Kenmore is the Scottish Crannog Centre. Luckily for us, one of the country’s top heritage sites is located right on our doorstep. Visiting the reconstructed thatched wooden house should be top of your to-do list.
Family and Friends
You’ve got your accommodation and supplies all sorted, now go and have some fun.
Maybe try your hand at fishing? Perthshire has some of the best salmon and pike fishing available in Scotland. Loch Tay is perfect for getting some of the guys together, kicking back and trying to reel in the most impressive catch of the day.
It’s no secret that we are also very keen cycling fans and Kenmore has one of our favourites routes: The Kenmore to Aberfeldy track. It’s only 13km long so it should be achievable for some of the younger family members. There’s lots of rest stops on the way so you’ll be able to catch a breather and take in some of the breath-taking scenery available.
Taymouth Marina at Kenmore
Our self-catering apartments at Taymouth Marina are second to none. We take care of all the tidying and admin so you get to enjoy yourself.
Fan of water sports, kayaking or resting up in a Lochside sauna? We have all these amenities and more on site so you’re never stuck for fun when you’re with us.
Taymouth Marina is the perfect self-catering break for family and friends that are visiting Kenmore.